In order to preserve French Polynesia's unique and fragile environment, the authorities impose strict controls and restrictions on the importation of products that may present a phytosanitary or zoosanitary risk.
Restricted items for arrivals into French Polynesia
List of the main restricted items:
- Fresh fruit, dried fruit and nuts
- Fresh plant produce (food) and grains
- Plants, seeds, etc.
- Plant products (wood, grains, fresh or dried flowers, food, medicines, etc.)
- Soiled camping or sports equipment
- Eggs and egg products
- Dairy products
- Honey and other apiculture products
- Products of animal origin (wool, feathers, etc.)
If you are importing one or more restricted items, you will be asked to produce the necessary sanitary documents (import licence, phytosanitary or veterinary health certificate). If you fail to submit these documents, the items will probably be destroyed on site.
For more information, please visit the French Polynesian Government's Biosecurity website (in French only).